USE and WASHING
The Healthy Cookware G.H.A. has to undergo a preliminary treatment before being used for the first time. This treatment serves to protect and prolong the life of the pots and it requires a series of very simple steps.
- Wash the pot with a dish detergent, wash it with hot water and dry it completely with a dish towel or kitchen paper.
- Fill the pot with tap water until ¾ of its capacity and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Empty it and let it cool down completely to room temperature. The possible appearance of iridescence, once this step is finished, is absolutely normal and it disappears with time: it indicates an optimal quality of the treatment.
- Grease all the internal surface with vegetable oil using kitchen paper.
- Heat it on the cooker for 1 minute (Note: avoid burning the oil!).
- Now it's ready for cooking.
For Baking Pans, Baking Tray and Plumcake Mold follow points 1 and 4.
- In order to improve the anti-stick properties, it is recommended to put a small quantity of oil on the inside the pot and spread it out over the entire surface, as well as on the sides, with the help of kitchen paper, forming a thin layer of grease.
- Heat the pot on the cooker for about 1 minute (Note: avoid burning the oil!).
- Lower the flame to minimum and insert the food (and liquids and condiments to your liking).
- Always maintain the flame low/medium (never high!) for the entire duration of cooking.
- With eggs, tomato sauce and other particularly acidic foods, it is necessary to utilize a higher quantity of oil and should always keep the flame low.
- For baking products (Baking Pans, Baking Trays and Plumcake Mold), it is sufficient to grease the entire surface, insert the food and put in the oven.
- NOTE: For cooking pasta, the Pot doesn't need to follow step one: it's sufficient to add water, bring it to boil and add salt as in the classic italian method.
- The Healthy Cookware G.H.A. benefits of high heat conductibility, therefore there's no need to keep the flame high while cooking.
- The non-stick property is inferior to that of non-stick film, but improves with use.
- The patented treatment GHA is irremovable within a normal or professional use, with the exception of potential cases of strong impact with metal objects, falls or use of very aggressive chemical products.
- The presence of SILVER ions gives these innovative pots extraordinary antibacterial properties:
- food is conserved fresh and fragrant for long periods of time.
- the surface is without toxic leaching, carcinogens and allergens
- While cooking food, wait for the first side touching the pot to be well cooked before turning it over.
- It is advised to wash it by hand with hot water, dish soap and a sponge (even abrasive, if necessary)
- In case of food stucks to the bottom of the pot, don't try to get rid of it with abrasive objects (other than an abrasive sponge) or aggressive chemical products. It's sufficient enough to fill the pot with hot water and leave it in until the food residue gets soften and can be removed with a sponge (abrasive, if necessary)
- You can conserve food in our pots in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.
Note: Don't leave food in the cookware outside the fridge because the acidity of some food can damage the treatment.
- Do not subject the pot to a heat shock, but always let it cool down to room temperature before washing it, so as to avoid deformations or damage to the G.H.A. treatment.
- Even if the handles are coated with a thermal-protected sheath, it is important to choose a source of heat suitable for the dimensions of the bottom of the pot in a way that the flame doesn't overheat the sides and the handles.
- Always monitor the cooking process.
- Some food can leave stains on the bottom of the pot. These traces don't compromise the functionality or the properties of the pot.
- As for all pots made of aluminium, you should avoid dropping the pots since they can get deformed and in cases of even stronger impact, they can be damaged.
- Baking Pans, Baking Trays, Plumcake Mold and pots with metal handles (without silicon sheath) can be inserted in the oven.
- Do not insert our products in microwave ovens.
- Pay attention when handling boiling hot pots, to avoid causing damage or wounds. The handles can become very hot while cooking over a long time. Pot holders or oven mitts are needed.
- Never leave an empty pot above a flame for a long period since it could get damaged.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DISHWASHER USE
- Our products can be washed in the dishwasher using only the bio-ecological detergent “Tea Natura”tested by us and which we sell too.
- Absolutely avoid using alkaline detergents, containing sodium bicarbonate and very aggressive bleach that could irremediably damage the pots, and this type of damage is not included in the warranty.